Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Spa Day in Wailea

We started the day at Wailea Beach, which of all of the beaches that we have visited on our trip to Maui, turned out to be my favorite. It had showers and restrooms, a good amount of parking, soft powdery white sand, and calm clear water. It reminded me of Kailua Beach back before it eroded away.



I was curious to see how much of a tan I had achieved, so I looked under my wedding ring. Success!


 

We picked up take out at Da Kitchen one final time, ate lunch at the condo, took quick showers, and headed out to The Grand Wailea for our spa appointments at Spa Grande- supposedly the best spa on Maui.



 
 


Each treatment comes with access to their terme hydrotherapy circuit- a series of specialty baths (such as limu, or seaweed, moorish mud, papaya enzyme, aromatherapy, or Hawaiian healing), as well as a Japanese bath, a whirlpool, massaging showers, and a carwash-like shower. After enjoying the baths for an hour, I reveled in my passionfruit cabernet exfoliation, bath, and massage lotion application for another hour. Corey went for the terme hydrotherapy a la carte- so he stayed in the baths for 2 hours. It was lovely to be pampered in such a luxurious atmosphere.

We are eating up leftovers- Zippy's chili and the rest of our plate lunches- and packing up tonight. Tomorrow, we check out of our condo, fly to Oahu, and check-in at the Hawaii Prince in Waikiki for the next few days, and the last bit of our vacation. 


 

1 comment:

Mom Chun said...

Wow, what luxury. Sounds like you are really in to the spa thing, now I can see why, too bad you are limited to only an hour in all those different pools. Sounds like something you can do all day.